• Wearable Art: Mathieu Mirano


I don’t know about you but I’m sick of what fashion the high street has to offer at the moment. The stuff I’ve brought recently just doesn’t seem to be lasting five minutes! Maybe I’m just expecting too much of the cheaper renditions that have trickled off of catwalk ready-to-wear shows.

I feel like I’ve brought enough designer and high street in my life to know that there is a real big difference when it comes to quality. So with that in mind I’ve decided I’m going to do a massive wardrobe overhaul which will mostly include designer pieces.  I feel like I’m aloud to with my birthday around the corner all. So, I’m going to treat myself to something that I’ve wanted to do for as long as I can remember.

I’ve got all my wardrobe basics sorted, I’m now just on the prowl for key statement pieces that will really define my personal style and give me a fierce fashion edge to be the envy of any true fashionista passerby.
I am looking for something quirky and cool, along the lines of wearable art. I love regular fashion and the way that it evolves every season with art as prevalent focus  in so many collections, but I want something different.

As you can tell from my blog I’m obsessed with fashion technology and true forms of wearable art. I get euphoric emotions run through me when I see these kinds of fashion today because clothes are depicted in  such conceptualized innovative visions of how we can wear clothes.

I can happily say I have found that one wearable art designer that I desperately want to work into my wardrobe. Mathieu Mirano is young fashion designer born in NYC. He studied at the Huntington School of Fine Arts where he went onto finish his education at Parsons School of design.  Some people are just gifted when it comes to certain arts. Mirano is certainly gifted with his skills as a fashion designer as he is able to piece together ideas to deliver fashion executed with precision and imaginative creativity. The fashion collection we saw by  Mirano  in 2013 exemplifies this notion, it featured a silk chiffon gown with beetle wings embroidery  which is adorned all over the top half of the dress.

Mirano draws on multiple sources of inspiration for his collections which he drew on the mystical world for his 2012 collection. The designer is musically in tune, inspired by music with a background as a pianist. When it comes to the choice of colour, fabric textures, patterns and shapes Mirano draws on inspiration from his extensive travels around Asia, Europe and Africa.

Mirano’s concepts and attention to detail within his collections gives his fashion line  a distinct style where each piece oozes luxe quality often in new fine fabrics.  The aesthetic of Mathieu Mirano S/S 14 collection embodies soft feminine fabrics with hard structure, which is perfect for achieving a glamorous yet powerful look.


Any piece from Mathieu Mirano new season collection will benefit anyone’s wardrobe, his tailoring is impeccable. This is one designer I wish I was be blowing out my birthday candles in, looking fabulous in a piece that has futuristic accents in a fit that sits so snug to the body it could almost be a second skin.





Image Source: ww.mathieumirano.com




No comments:

Post a Comment