• Toga: A Summer Fashion Fantasy

I was trolling through a pretty cool tumblr called Fashion is Endless, the varsity of this blog title is one that I couldn’t agree with more. To me fashion is like one big dream every week I fall in love with another designer just dreaming over lustful season offerings which no one in reality can have it all.

I’m in the process of pulling all my potential spring summer wardrobe buys together. I came across Toga’s spring summer collection which would make the perfect label addition to anyone's wardrobe.





Toga is a Japanese label. Yasuko Furuta is the creative vision behind his brand. He studied at fashion school in Paris and embarked on a fashion career as a costume designer which is probably why his collection embodies such a great presence as he is experienced in working on theatrical pieces.

I'm probably being a little over ambitious in thinking that my budget can cover Toga but if only I could work this wearable art designer into my everyday repertoire I would do just that because it is not often that you can find a designer collection that you can so effortlessly  work into your wardrobe instantly giving you a unequivocal fashion forward style aesthetic.

Toga's spring summer collection is a one that is strong in designs forms with exquisite attitude. The structures his garments are powerful yet unstated in simplistic structures. Toga's spring summer collection sees a good range of pieces from tops to dress and skits and even jumpsuits. If you have the means to invest in one designer this season, Toga pieces will not leave you feeling disappointed. 

The one standout feature about this collection is that it is unique. The way that the designer has encrusted the garments with what looks like large jewels that remind me of something in between marble and semi-precious stones.

I love Toga because its versatile enough to work as stand-alone evening piece where many of the pieces would look great teamed with feminine accessories. Alternatively you could even style the Toga pieces with masculine fashion style for a sartorial inspired meets an androgynous weekday look.

You can’t buy Toga on their website but high end e-commerce sites like Farfetch, Net-a-porter and Matches are all stockists of this tantalisingly astute brand.

Image source:  http://trendland.com/toga-ss-2014/

No comments:

Post a Comment