• Unisex Designer: Rad Hourani

Fashion school was some of the best days of my life. I failed miserably at making it as a fashion designer but neither the less I’ve managed to secure a high end fashion job in the end so I'm happy!  



I was absolutely stunned to find out that couture designer Rad Hourani (my latest fashion muse) has not had any formal fashion training. He even declared that “I’ve never done a mood board in my life”, I find this shocking to say the least because every fashion project I did while studying we always had to do some form of a mood board just to visualize our inspiration yet Rad Hourani has effectively skipped all the tedious work and got on with the fun part of making where he is now a couture fashion designer with a booming ready- to-wear line that I gets shown Paris twice a year.

So how did that happen? After looking at Hourani’s collection you will understand why. Some people are just born with a gift and Rad Hourani has that special something, a distinct vision for fashion and style that only really a few designers actually posses.

Hourani’s was born in Jordan but moved to Canada with his family in his early teen years. The young svelte Hourani initially wanted to work in fashion industry as a model, in pursuing this career path Hourani ended up becoming a fashion stylist.

This however was short lived. By 2005 the younger designer took the sporadic decision to move to Paris where 2 years later Hourani debut his first label at 25 years old. A sense of curiosity and innocence is the point of inspiration for his beautifully constructed pieces.

His work is the epitome of sartorial wearable art and no other designer has managed to successful create a unisex brand. Hourani pieces display an eruption of creative visions that are translated through fabric in geometric and graphic fabric manipulation that looks like origami for the body.

Hourani tends stick to a basic colour palette mainly comprising of black, navy, white and grey. His structures are futuristic with new developed silhouettes. I love the fact that these intriguingly innovative designs bare no identity to a trend, sexuality or even season. This label is the most wearable art collection I’ve seen to date, each piece is truly timeless the ultimate statement piece that you can wear season after season.


All of these pieces would be a worthwhile investment piece which can help to elevate a personal style that would be untouchable.  I know that I would love to waltz in the office head to toe in a label that oozes luxe quality with avant-garde style.

Rad Hourani A/W 14




Image source: www.trendland.com/rad-hourani-unisex-couture-collection-11



No comments:

Post a Comment